One week ago, I was busy in my exam so I was unable to update my blog; meanwhile I checked my blog in Google Search- After getting Google Search result I was totally shocked and got mentally disturbed regarding my site’s link in Google. I’d lost my site’s link in Google search engine, I was hopeless regarding my effort; I was unable to think anything. I asked my query in various Facebook groups; got different answers from many expert- Everyone were helping me; got sympathy from fellow bloggers but I didn’t get any satisfactory solution.
At the end- I asked my question to Mr. Perambur Kumar, he is Google AdSense expert and known to all Google Algorithm. He is next Google after Google search engine. I am giving you snapshots of our discussion in Blogging Discussion Group.
Google started alerting webmasters via E-Mail to stop inbound link spams. It really sounds bad when you lose your site’s link in Google Search engine with, if you are facing the same problem so don’t bother about it- be cool and handle the situation smartly.
Inbound links are generally, called as Backlinks. Simply we can say, Links which are coming to our site are called as inbound links. Google consider inbound link as vote to your site and it helps to increase your PageRank. There are two types of inbound links:
a. Naturally Inbound link
b. Unnaturally Inbound link
Let’s discuss each one in details:
Naturally Inbound Link
Naturally inbound links are those links, which are coming to your site from the same niche. For Example: If you’ve site on technology then you must build links from technology sites.
Unnaturally Inbound Link
Unnaturally inbound links are those links, which are not coming from sites with same niche. For example: If you have travel website and you are getting links from Technology website then it comes under category of unnatural inbound links. Also links coming from porn sites and banned sites are strictly prohibited.
Note: Do not participate in link exchange from irrelevant sites.
Here are following points that come under inbound link spam; Read the points thoroughly and check your site, it is coming under inbound link spam or not ?
- Don’t create link that does not come under your niche.
- Don’t participate in irrelevant link exchange program.
- Don’t give too many links on the same post to other posts of your site.
- Don’t approve any comment before reading it. Remove links from comments; also check for links which are given in comment by your readers. If you approve comments with so many links then you’ll lose your page rank.
- Don’t make any post that exclusively gives links to any website.
- Don’t put widget on your site, which are pointing towards any website.
- Don’t involve yourself in paid link exchange with irrelevant sites.
- Don’t post your links to those places where chances of getting unnatural inbound links are high, for example: porn sites, illegal sites, banned sites, bulk emails, etc.
- Keep away yourself from viral link submission, viral article submission, blog post spam, etc.
- Write your Anchor Text smartly.
If you are involved in above mentioned inbound link spam scheme, it is better to remove those spam links as soon as you can to maintain your website’s reputation.
If you get your site in inbound link spam category, then don’t be panic just go to your Google Webmaster tools and check for messages and remove those links which are making your site down. After removing those links apply for reconsideration. You can also ask your queries to Google Webmaster Forum or separate spam report forum.
BTW I was not in INBOUND LINK spam scheme, I didn’t get my site’s link in Google due to server error but I was really tensed in my exam days. hahaha